How to save water?
70% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water, but only 1% of it is readily available to us. It is also important to be aware of the water footprint in order to save water, which is essential for daily life. Water footprint is a concept that indicates the amount of water used from the production to consumption and disposal of foods, products and services. Saving water is easy to get started at home, but when you have a lot of information, you may be wondering what to start with.
- Save Water at home:
We usually use about 300 liters (150 2 liter PET bottles) of water per person per day.
In order to use the water that is indispensable for daily life, why not live a life that is conscious of saving water.
It can be done today and has the effect of helping households.
- When washing
Reduce the number of washings and wash in bulk.
Use the remaining hot water from the bath for washing (saving about 50 liters of water).
Use a water-saving washing machine.
- When taking a bath
When washing your hair, do not leave the shower water running (the shower consumes 12 liters of water per minute).
Be careful not to overfill or boil the water.
Do not throw away the remaining hot water from the bath (reuse it for washing, car washing, watering trees, etc.).
- When cooking
Do not leave the water running when washing foods.
Soak the dishes in water so that they can be easily cleaned.
For tableware with noticeable oil stains, wipe off the oil with paper before washing (also to save detergent!)
The water used to wash vegetables and rice can be used to water trees.
- In the washroom or toilet
When brushing your teeth or washing your face, do not leave the water running (fill the cup with water).
Use different large and small levers for flush toilets (small levers require 2 liters less than large levers).
- Water saving know-how that can be used in the bathroom
- Store only the required amount of bath.
⇒ When you take a bath, you can only store it at a level where hot water does not overflow.
- Close the shower except when flushing.
⇒Do not use except when washing your body. Do not do anything else with the shower running.
- It is best to take a bath as a family pair
⇒ If you take a bath together, you will get along well.
- When taking a bath, everyone should take a bath at short intervals as much as possible.
⇒ By entering the hot water before it cools, it is not necessary to add hot water again.
- For those who enter last, use the remaining hot water in the bath.
⇒For those who enter last, do not throw away the hot water and use it for the second time.
- Shower enters in the bathtub and stores water.
⇒ Make the most of the shower water.
- Water saving know-how in washing
- Although it is the basic of the basics, wash all at once
⇒ Since the amount of water used at one time is quite large, try to reduce it even once.
- Wash socks that need to be washed in the bath
⇒ Many people wash underwear and socks in the bath.
- Wash with the remaining hot water from the bath.
⇒ If you can utilize the remaining hot water in the bath, it will save a lot of water.
- Water saving know-how in the kitchen
- Use non-washed rice.
- Store water and wash dishes. Do not wash while running water!
- Make a habit of always storing water without running water at all.
- Do not use too much detergent, and if you use too much, the amount of rinse water will increase.
- Remove as much oil from the frying pan as you can with unnecessary paper before washing.
- Water saving know-how in the toilet
- Use the lever (large / small) properly. Use small if possible.
- Use the water left over from the bath to flush the toilet.
- Replace with a water-saving toilet.
- Water saving know-how in the washroom
- When brushing your teeth, use a glass.
- When washing your face, use a washbasin.
- Basically, use after storing water in the washbasin.
- Water saving know-how in the garden
- Use a watering can for watering.
- Store rainwater in a bucket and use it.
- When washing the car, use a watering can and a bucket.
- Saving water leads to saving electricity in society.
Water is used casually every day, but a lot of energy is used. When treating water at water purification plants and sewage treatment plants, when supplying water to homes and schools, and when pumping water in buildings and condominiums. (Power) is being used.
In other words, the more water we use, the more electricity we need, and saving water leads to reducing these electricity (power saving)
With that in mind , let’s think about the importance of water and put into practice what we can do now, because it is the “water surroundings” that everyone uses every day .
1 thought on “How to save water?”
Very good write-up. I certainly appreciate this website. Keep writing!